My spouse is not paying alimony. What can I do?

In the event that the alimony decided by the court is not paid by the spouse, the other spouse can initiate enforcement proceedings in order to force the non paying spouse to pay the alimony. Both precautionary alimony and poverty or participation alimony are a type of debt that has priority in terms of enforcement law. In addition to initiating enforcement proceedings, the non paying spouse can be detained for a period of up to three months. The non paying spouse is released after he pays the alimony.