Can I deduct the alimony paid to my spouse that is too high?

It is possible to decrease as well as increase the alimony. For this, you need to file a case for adjustment of the alimony. In this cases the judge has broad discretion of the judge, there are no objective criteria in this regard. The judge will make a decision by evaluating the socio-economic conditions of the spouses. It would be appropriate for the alimony debtor to demand the adjustment of alimony by claiming that his economic conditions are deteriorating, that the amount of alimony is too high, that he cannot meet his personal needs due to the alimony debt or that there is a serious increase in the economic situation of the other spouse.